Compare the Subaru Impreza vs Honda Civic & Toyota Corolla
Compare the Subaru Impreza with the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla at Byers Subaru in Columbus
Finding a sedan that can handle your commute might be difficult because there are many options out there that offer similar features. When you’re looking to find a car that is a cut above the rest, the 2019 Subaru Impreza might just be what you are looking for. With standard features you won’t find on other sedans, like all-wheel drive, the Impreza is a favorite of ours at our Columbus Subaru dealership.
If you would like to see how the Subaru Impreza compares to popular models from Honda and Toyota, swing by Byers Subaru and we’ll showcase the benefits that this Subaru sedan has to offer. We promise you’ll love the look and feel when you first climb behind the wheel for a test drive!
Subaru Impreza vs. Honda Civic
- Both models feature a base 2.0-liter engine that deliver similar outputs from horsepower but the Subaru Impreza offers more pounds per feet of torque than the Civic’s base engine can deliver.
- The Subaru Impreza comes equipped with the Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with the Traction Control System that can sense a loss of traction and applies braking force to the wheel when necessary to maintain the vehicle’s motion. The Civic does not offer all-wheel drive as standard or optional.
- Even though the Honda Civic manages better performance in the city and on the highway, it barely outperforms the Subaru Impreza which utilizes all-wheel drive. That means you get almost equal performance with a system that offers better off-road performance and better traction in tricky road conditions. The Impreza also has a larger gas tank, meaning you can go longer in between trips to the pump.
- If you’re looking to provide your passengers with a cozier ride, choose the Subaru Impreza. Both models offer seating for five but the Subaru sedan has more passenger volume for passengers to enjoy.
Subaru Impreza vs. Toyota Corolla
- The Impreza comes standard with a 2.0-liter SUBARU BOXER® engine which outperforms the 1.8-liter engine that the Corolla offers in both horsepower and pounds per feet of torque.
- The Toyota Corolla offers front-wheel drive that provides standard traction control but the Subaru offers the more impressive Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with better control when on the back roads of life or some wintery roads in Columbus.
- The Subaru Impreza and the Toyota Corolla offer similar performance when driving in the city but the Impreza provides a better fuel economy over the Corolla when on the highway.
- Both models offer similar amounts of passenger space but the Subaru Impreza sneaks out a few more cubic feet to ensure that you and your four passengers are cozier than they would be in the Toyota sedan.
- The Subaru sedan has a slightly larger infotainment touchscreen than the Corolla and also has Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ as a standard feature which you won’t find with the Toyota sedan.
- With the Subaru EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology and the Toyota Safety Sense™ available on all models in their respective lineups, both sedans ensure you have an extra pair of eyes at all times. The Subaru Impreza takes it one step further with a Blind-Spot Detection system which isn’t available on any trim from the
It’s clear that the 2019 Subaru Impreza has a lot to offer and makes sure you never lack for comforts and performances. As your Columbus Subaru dealer, we’re happy to showcase its capabilities and get you a test drive today!